Thursday, September 1, 2011

Adidas King Of The Road 2011 (Singapore)

Leave a Comment
Held across 5 countries in South East Asia, the 16.8km race continued its second destination in Singapore on 28 August 2011 at Padang. It was first introduced in Thailand in May and moves on to Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines. The race ends it's Southeast Asia Championship in the Philippines, in a bid to crown the adidas South East Asia 'King of the Road 2011'.

I pondered at first why was this race a 16.8km and finally got the answer from their website. Take the distance of two marathons (84km) and spread it across 5 countries!
The different great looking colored event running top!
Apparently a different event theme will be introduced every year and in 2011, 'colours' will be the theme. This was represented through a variety of different coloured adidas event tops provided in our race pack.
Stuffs in the race pack. I threw the vouchers away.
For SGD 50, you get an event top, adidas Roll-on Anti-Perspirant, your event bib, a tote bag, some vouchers and a running experience. I find it rather expensive actually for the distance they are offering and stuff in their goodie bag though.
The Scenic Running Route
The running route was pretty good to run with and only choke point was at the 2km route towards Marina Bay Sands as the turning point was too narrow to accommodate that many runners doing the turn. Other than that, the route was full of hydration stations and at certain points, runners get to meet their slower/faster runners. 

Having many hydration stations is definitely a great idea but this led to tempt me into overdrinking. Downing 2 cups at the 8km area water point created and immediate reaction. I felt nausea as trapped gas in my stomach forced their way up, leading to a bad race.

My Timing!
So I didn't hit my targeted timing but it was still an enjoyable run. Met up with members of the United Runners and took nice picture with my Dearie. Met my friends at the event too. They could have more events or booth at the event though since this is such a hyped up event. Hopefully they do a better job next year.
Ready to go! I think I was in the 3rd wave.

Dear managed to capture me at the finishing line!
Taking our photos at the Adidas Finishing Booth.

United Runners!!!
Lester was at the event too. A pity Raymond left earlier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment